Monday, March 05, 2007

The Saints Mean Nothing

It was the most beautiful building that I had ever seen. Marble everything, the most beautiful windows and statues. It had this gorgeous silence (odd how silence can have beauty...). St Lucy's Church seems to reach the sky with it's scary pretty gorgoyals and domes and marble. It was the type of church I'd get married in. The sign says it is designed in French Gothic style. It's perfect. Pretty and perfect and breath taking. My Grandfather's church. he picked a good one. It's almost a privilage to stand in this place. My dad tries to ruin it by saying that the money could have gone to something good rather then building this place...it doesn't matter. It's sad to leave it behind. I watch it from the car windows, trying to hold on to the image for as long as I can. I'm not sad because it's beautiful but because I wish that church ment something to me...I wish I could believe in what it teaches. I wish that I never lost faith, that I never saw the things that made me lose faith in the first place. I wish, that just this once, I could believe in the symbol of that breath taking church...that I could believe in something, anything...because if i could i might believe that everything would be alright.

-Keep The Faith

Faithless Viola

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home